Right-Wing Populism

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Feb 9 18:10:49 PST 2001

At 08:36 PM 2/9/01 -0500, Michael Pollak wrote:

>Is possible in your scheme for there to be centrist populists?

why on earth should we call something centrist? what on earth could that possibly mean? the best shot you give, below, is that they are against the two parties. well, that makes them *for* nothing actually so centrism is what? nothing?

the use of the word "centrist" is a cop out by people who are ashamed for one reason or another to identify with this or that policy.

> It seems
>to me that's where Arianna and Ventura belong. And for better or worse,
>that's why people who lust after third parties support them -- because iff
>third parties have a value in themselves, as a means to break the duopoly,

that doesn't make them "centrist" which is a label that has to be the most vapid label i've read in a long time.