Tasteless site

Christopher Susi chris at susi.net
Fri Feb 9 21:54:26 PST 2001

Scuse me if I mosey in here. I was goin around boards after seeing this posted here and the consensus online is that this guy should have the right to keep that site up, and I agree. It's well within his freedom of speech.

However I truly hope that if just one person duped into believing it is legit and kills a cat, citing the website as inspiration, that the federal government prosecutes the website developer to the full extent of the law for animal cruelty and he recieves the maximum jail term.

Right to free speech is like the right to own a gun. If you point and use that gun, you better be ready to accept the ramifications of your actions. Why is it that our society (or perhaps just the Internet culture) believes the first ammendment gives people the right to say anything and be held harmless for any ramifications caused by such? Perhaps this is just a symptom of the greater problem, that our society has slowly come to accept lack of responsibility and accountability.