Right-Wing Populism

Carrol B Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Feb 10 13:37:19 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> But that includes much, maybe most, of the American electorate. They
> don't want to rock the boat; they reject extremism of all kinds; and
> value the candidate's personal qualities over ideology. Basically, to
> quote the old Bush I arms control formula, it's status quo plus - an
> inertia that was hardwired into the U.S. system of government by the
> constitution.

Yes. And the sky is blue when it isn't some other color & Manhattan Island the last I knew was part of NYC. I also believe bread frequently but not always contains wheat flour. Do you have any other exciting new discoveries to communicate?

There was no error in student writing that I found more offensive than the use of 'but' in contexts that called for 'and.' You commit that elementary error here.

Carrol