Tasteless site

Reese reeza at flex.com
Sun Feb 11 22:34:56 PST 2001

At 11:00 PM 2/11/01 -0600, Christopher Susi wrote:

>> If the reader buys into such exhortations and then goes on to commit

>> acts which any mature adult knows, or should know, are illegal, that

>> reader should be prosecuted for his actions.

>And what happens when it's not a mature adult who isn't aware it is illegal.

The courts have been dealing with such as this for years. Millennia even.

This still fails to convince that the authors of "Applied Chemistry" should be hauled into court because their work was used for purposes that were illegal or just plain wrong - legitimate uses for their work still exist.

It's a big world Chris. You and I can engage in political commentary that is critical of the powers that be and the status quo, but in order to safe- guard that right, we must accept that others have free speech too. Even if we do not like what they have to say. It's a consistency thing. There is an old saying - Caveat Emptor. It applies to readers and listeners too.

> Hell even the old text file writers were smart enough to put in

>disclaimers.

Exactly.

Reese