Tasteless site

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 12 10:10:04 PST 2001

Gordon Fitch <gcf at panix.com>Your anecdote conclusively proves all those who favor animal liberation, animal rights, serious animal welfare, and so on, are anti- human. Maybe they're enemies of God, too. What do you propose to do with them?

Heh, a reprise of the "Eco-Fascism" threads?And the ever popular, Populists! ("And they call me a wide eyed Populist!") http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0001/0035.html http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0011/1531.html

Anyway, when did some become all? Saying a few upper-middle class yups like their pups more than people ("Up With People!" as the Michael Curb Congregation said circa 1970 ) seems to me not to be denigrating animal liberation or rights but, pointing out the stunted moral sensibilities of those who feed their pooches the best while telling the homeless beggar at the subway entrance to get a job. (I'd have a hunch that like here in S.F. many homeless have dogs as companions.) Michael Pugliese P.S. My unscientific survey of well coifed PETA members and ALF punk anarchists with noserings and leather jackets proves that belief in God does not appear to be bolstered, affected, or in any way connected with those who carry around books by Peter Singer or, "The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory, " by Carol J. Adams.