Tasty Site

Maureen Anderson manders at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 12 15:41:01 PST 2001

Much more delicious and not to mention ingenious than bonsai-fluffy pranks.

In fact if it's true, it's the most masterful prank I've heard of in quite a while. The site was forwarded by a NY-DAN friend, who assured that the fake WTO homepage is definitely real, and who's under the impression this actually was pulled off. (Anyone who knows otherwise, please disillusion me before I forward it any further!)

The link http://www.theyesmen.org/wto/ describes and documents the prank. Scroll down on the left for a chronological summary, and on the right to read the funny, amazing, written correspondence it generated.

Apologies if this has already been posted (the event took place in Salzburg in Oct., 2000).

Maureen