Elvis Clinton

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 12 16:03:57 PST 2001

"The most brutal, ugly, degenerate, vicious form of expression it has been my displeasure to hear," Sinatra wrote of rock 'n' roll at the time of Elvis Presley's pre-eminence, no doubt hoping to turn back the Mongols. http://www.time.com/time/time100/artists/profile/sinatra.html www.elvissinatra.com looks dorky. On the Charles Murray WSJ thread, reminds me of Martha Bayles, "Hole In Our Soul." http://www.google.com/search?q=Martha+Bayles+rock+and+roll There is another, even more dreadful work, published by Oxford Univ. Press. Title, "The Triumph of Vulgarity In Popular Music:Rock Music In The Mirror of Romanticism " By Robert Pattison. http://www.google.com/search?q=Triumph+of+Vulgarity+In+Popular+Music+Robert+ Pattison&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&btnG=Google+Search

Michael Pugliese