Tasteless site

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Feb 13 07:11:32 PST 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi:
> If you care about the welfare of animals, the best thing you can do
> is to work the hardest to abolish capitalism & imperialism (and in
> the meantime, try to work on worthwhile reforms, not on passing
> futile laws).

Of course. So the animal-interest set are allies or potential allies, not anti-human Nazi middle-class hate objects. It's pretty surprising to see this sort of thing pop up so regularly on a leftist mailing list, and sort of disappointing, although it does afford opportunities for derision.

As for the hungry and homeless, when I go out with Food Not Bombs, I don't see any academics, authors, or media stars, just a bunch of scroungy vegan kids. I wonder where all the other revolutionaries are.