Loons

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 23:43:32 PST 2001

I did a search on "tabloid" and found a very amusing wesite called "Duncan Expose" which kinda pokes fun at those loonies...

Anyway thought you all would enjoy this little article:

Beijing, China(DE) - A woman died today of an apparent paper cut she received while writing a thesis on the ills of the Chinese Communists Government. The unidentified woman was rushed to the hospital five days after police officers found her. "It is very common to develop broken legs, a punctured lung, and a fractured skull from a paper cut. I see it all the time," explained the doctor in charge at the hospital to where the woman was taken. Government officials are planning an advertising campaign to show people what can happen when they get a paper cut by televising the woman's dead body on the state run television and play her agonizing screams recorded after she cut herself on the radio.

http://www.dxpnet.com

By the way, I was listening to PRI the other day while going to work, and they were talking about the Raelian moment and it's ties to cloning research...interesting bunch..they believe that aliens put DNA on earth and created life--they have a book out called the "True Face of God" and "Let's Welcome Our Fathers From Space" among others...this normally would be your average run of the mill oddball group--but for the fact that there are some VERY INTELLIGENT people who believe this crap..I mean they interviewed this biochemist who has 2 PhD's who seemed to love this movement--and she is planning on doing cloning research somewhere in the US--she wouldn't tell us where because she's afraid (and probably rightly so) that militants against cloning will attack it.

Anyhoo, this group is VERY influential which is a bit scary (I'm not sure where I stand on the whole cloning debate--but just the fact that people believe this stuff is frightening)

http://www.rael.org