Lenin in Essen

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 15:23:18 PST 2001

not baiting are you Doug?

At 06:14 PM 14/02/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>kelley wrote:
>
>>isn't there some path between adornian (dennis r.. -- is that right?)
>>crankiness and the glorification of popculture?
>
>I sure hope so. That's the path I'm looking for, or sometimes delude
>myself into thinking I've even found. Of course, you run the risk of
>looking like some wacked out cult stud, mixing Deleuze in one sentence
>with Madonna in the next....

this could be and probably often is done in many stupid ways but not all ways of doing this would be stupid i'd even venture to suggest they could be in the same sentence, as in 'I wonder would Deleuze's work on 'the refrain' contribute anything to a reading of Madonna's most recent musical style?' -- as yet unexciting perhaps, but not automatically stupid.

Catherine