Lenin in Essen

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 16:11:00 PST 2001

we were talking about the possible productive use of things that have become formulaic are you trying to claim that the fashionability of a given formula makes it less productive? would this equally apply to the periods when Marxist structural analysis was fashionable?

as to the fashionability of cultstud eclecticism -- it's very specific to particular contexts, and doesn't mean the same thing in all of them