Lenin in Essen

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 19:33:49 PST 2001

I'm listening to Helen Merrill on Mercury Records from 1957 ("If I Forget You," "After You," etc.), backed by Hal Mooney and too many strings, but I love her anyway. Does this mean I ama hopeless reactionary? My daughter thinks so. Course, she likes Mystikal, a rap artist vile enough to make me sympathize with Tipper Gore. --jks