The Speed of an Ostrich

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Feb 15 00:21:16 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, kelley wrote:

> i think i'm getting old. isn't there some path between adornian (dennis
> r.. -- is that right?) crankiness and the glorification of popculture?

"Adornesque", "Adornic", whatever works. The path is right over there, next to the fluorescent ostriches. I was just re-reading part of Minima Moralia when the ostriches showed up and one of them said, "Of course, Sesame Street's Oscar the Grouch was really the televisual rewriting of Endgame's Nagg and Nell in a radical turn" and the other said, "Flowers in the dustbin" behind UV laser-goggles.

I still can't find my car, though.

-- Dennis