Volatitily as social flaring

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Thu Feb 15 16:15:27 PST 2001

I'll be off giving a talk at the Atlanta Fed.... (on "Volatility as Social Flaring," available on my website, more creepy chaos theory stuff). Barkley Rosser

A few words please, Barkley, to translate your article into more lay language.

I am generally in favour of your approach although I am left behind by the mathematics.

But the groundings appear very speculative and require a lot of cautious creeping.

Suppose using social flaring as an explanation for kurtosis is in essence a tautology?

Chris Burford

Glossary on kurtosis

http://www.contingencyanalysis.com/glossarykurtosis.htm