unions & students

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Feb 17 11:04:29 PST 2001

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>In an email reaction to Liza Featherstone's and my Lingua Franca
>>piece, a prominent student anti-sweatshop activist pointed out "the

here's the url to the piece in case it hasn't been posted: http://www.linguafranca.com/print/0103/cover_clothes.html

"I came back from Seattle thinking that the voice of economists was not very audible in the public space," Bhagwati says."

This is pretty funny. The public space is wall-to-wall orthodoxy which is why Seattle, the anti-MAI thing, and the other successes were so amazing. Or rather, the public space is wall-to-wall distraction from the central isssues of political economy.