Tasteless site

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Sat Feb 17 13:34:18 PST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, kelley wrote:

[snip - if you want to argue with my dc-stuff posts, do it on dc-stuff. I will not defend them here]

> >I meant this other thread". When I ask "what other thread?", you say
> >"this stuff from dc-stuff" (which you creatively edit to show I'm a
> >"redbaiter"). That's poor etiquette no matter how you slice it.
>
> *sigh*
> the other thread is the Freedom and Equality thread that Gordon reinvoked
> with his comment, "yes, but the Left is the Part y of Freedom and
> Equality". i believe it happened before you were around. It was a snide
> comment at yoshie.
>
> you jumped in and made a comment that was from the position of a
> conservative, "yes, but the right thinks that it is also". you made a
> comment that was a big fat yawn. that's why i called it "scintillating
> conversation" and did so sarcastically.

It was a joke. What did Justin say the joke was - "in capitalism man exploits man, and in communism its just the opposite". Stop trying to tell me what I meant. I wasn't attacking the left - I wasn't saying anyone is being disengenuous (well, except you now). I made a joke. Maybe a poor one, but it wasn't an attack.

I'm sorry I didn't "get" Gordon's comment the way you explain it above. Well you didn't "get" mine, so can we please move on now?

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ This is the age of decay and hypocrisy, Sometimes I feel like the world isn't ready for me.

-Crispian Mills