Tasteless site

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Sat Feb 17 14:11:44 PST 2001

Usually they are referred to as "Klein bottles," and when pictured are pictured as closed. Indeed, it is pretty hard to draw one any other way. The mouth of the bottle passes through the body of the bottle and then comes around. It is the three dimensional equivalent of a Mobius strip, which has only one side.

BTW, Maurits Escher's picture, The Picture Gallery, is really a picture of a Klein bottle.

More nasty math, but of no social consequence whatsoever, and without any of the irony this list is well known for... Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Dennis Robert Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, February 16, 2001 9:54 PM Subject: Re: Tasteless site