Catherine, can't you read? was Re: No Sex Please - We'rePost-Human!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 18 04:46:12 PST 2001

Catherine Driscoll wrote:

> Yoshie -- the concept of dependence is about hierarchy --

Concept X is about whatever the conceiving agent wants it to be about, so this doesn't seem to be germane. You seem to be using some metaphysical _concept_ of hierarchy the way Christians use Satan. Just a tautological explanation for everything that's bad. And when it isn't bad but a biological necessity, you say King's X No Fair. That isn't hierarchy. This header, incidentally, referred to your reading of my original post, not to your reading og Austen. Very good readers indeed can misread texts as complex as MP. But in effect, when I said X, you said, No, X not X.

Carrol