spineless pinko's update

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 07:37:07 PST 2001

I am sure that there were no open, avowed atheists in 17th C America; it would have been worth your life, if not from the law, then from the neighbors. It was worse than beinga communist today. Maybe it was like being a communist in the South in 1950. in Btw, Newton was a secret Unitarian (a denier of the Trinity), and if I recall correctly, his successor as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at CAmbridge, lost his job in Restoration England for advocating Unitarianism.--jks