Sheeple (Wolves & Shepards) Redux

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Feb 18 12:02:33 PST 2001

At 11:16 AM 2/18/01 -0800, Michael Pugliese wrote:

>As y'all might (or might not!) remember a mini-thread on "sheeple" before on
>lbo-talk, I just did a google search on the word. The word is quite popular
>among the militia/constitutionalist crowd. Alot of these hits are new from
>the last time I looked.

this, below, is from cypherpunks. so yeah, it definitely expresses the world view of the conservative libertarian crowd. dennis has a problem with labels, like those who prefer the term populist, i guess. however, i think this issue -- which we've discussed here before --is about the similar use of the word "libertarian" by those who don't want to be identified as, largely, conservative in their views. as the post below, shows, the definition of the word sheeple clearly spells out its antipathy to left analyses of social problems. indeed, there is none, really.

At 1:47 AM -0700 1999-07-16, Anonymous wrote:

>What is the origen of the word "sheeple"?

Society is divided into three groups:

* Wolves, who prey upon sheeple

* Sheeple....baaaa

* Shepherds, who protect the sheeple from the wolves

Examples:

* Wolves: terrorists, freedom fighters, resistance members, pornographers, robbers, rapists, drug dealers, free speech advocates, members of the National Rifle Association, ACLU members, the EFF, Cypherpunks, readers of "Ulysses," travellers to politically incorrect nations, businessmen, and an ever-increasing number of persons and organizations the shepherds want to suppress.

* Sheeple: those who must be disarmed and muzzled, the better that they can be protected by the shepherds

* Shepherds: cops, sheriffs, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Cryptography, narcs, informants, gun grabbers, Bull Dyke Reno, Louis Freeh, H. Himmler, the United Nations, the New World Order, busybodies, pharmaceutical companies, the CIA, the NSA, Mossad, Mujahadin Khalque, SAVAAK, KGB, Interpol, the ACLU, Center for Povery and Law, National Association for the Subjugation of Colored People, and thousands of other agencies and cop organizations

Hope this helped,

As for the term "sheeple," the origins appear to be lost in the mists of time. The sheeple recognized their sheeple status and one of them, no longer a sheeple, coined the term. Some sheeple suggest using www.deja.com to find early usages.

Baaaa!

--Tim May