Catherine, can't you read? was Re: No Sex Please - We'rePost-Human!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 18 12:55:48 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>
> >That would explain the strange
> >doctrine Doug ascribes to you that questions are ontologically prior to
> >affirmations.
>
> Carrol, can't you quote?

When I have the text in front of me -- my memory's less dpendable than my sight.

> Catherine's aphorism, which I cherish a lot, is that she wasn't done
> with a paper yet because she hadn't figured out what questions to ask
> her answers. Clearly, this impulse isn't one that every writer feels.

But I guess I can paraphrase pretty well even what I remember inaccurately. My original post still stands as construal of the material content of yhe claim as stated.

> Clearly, this impulse isn't one that every writer feels.

I don't believe that. I have always had an almost obsessive compulsion to be sure my answers are not unintended tautology -- but unless the aphorism you quote is a conscious repudiation of the Theses on Feuerbach it is sheer babble.

Carrol