Excess

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Sun Feb 18 19:48:47 PST 2001

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:04:25 -0600

> >You might check the Twentieth Century Fund. I seem to recall a paper that
> >claimed the differential was 479 to 1 using information from 1999. Don't
> >remember more than that but it's worth a look.
> > John Thornton

Hey Justin, I know you're the exception that proves the rule, but it's the legal profession that writes up the contracts that create the inequality as there is no explanation/justification in any economic theory for a pay ratio of 479/1. The US left, such as it is, needs to both ratchet up it's deconstruction of legal orthodoxy and help produce lawyers that combine the feirceness of a Kunstler with the thoroughness of John Commons and Robert Hale.

Ian