Anti-Semitism of Certain Famous Economists

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 09:55:08 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/18/01 5:03:26 PM Central Standard Time, rosserjb at jmu.edu writes:

> .
> I think that many on these lists might find the issues
> raised in this article of interest, even if ultimately the
> article is to be dismissed as totally misguided hogwash.
> I would not be raising this if I did not think that at least some

Barkley,

I found the quotes from Keynes a little more credible. But I'm not sure how far Reder can push his claims. Was Keynes a Nazi? Of course not. Was his insights tainted by his anti-semitism? I don't think so. Query most assimilated Jews who went to places like Cambridge, Oxford, or even Cornell (like my dad) in the 1940s and other universities, and anti-semitism was pretty much something you had to deal with.

I found the article interesting, but I'm not sure, at the end of day, what we gain from knowing that "famous" economists are prejudiced assholes.

Jason -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010219/dcdfe516/attachment.htm>