Carowan unmasked

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Feb 19 13:09:25 PST 2001

At 03:23 PM 2/19/01 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Well it turns out that Jan Carowan was Rakesh Bhandari, a list alum, under
>a pseudonym. I'm rather stunned by this deception. Rakesh would have been
>perfectly free to criticize Sweeney, Nader, me, and whatever else he
>wanted to under his own name, but "Jan Carowan" just sounded like another
>net lunatic to me. And his whiny offlist emails to a number of subscribers
>only confirmed that. One unwilling recipient even suggested contacting
>hotmail's harassment staff, so I'm not alone in feeling annoyed.

oh my god. i really can't believe this. is rakesh going thru a dissertation crisis. this explains the odd famliarity he exhibited w/ regard to list members. i sure felt it.

crap and i remember rakesh harassing me offlist-well not harassing me, but sending me odd offlists.

i just hope it's that he's going thru some bizarre dissertation crisis.

and that you've defended him and wished him back doug. this must really stink.

well, i guess i can only say that Yates was right.

kelley