marxism on wgn-fm

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 16:35:27 PST 2001

>I suppose, if I saw Los Angeles (and the world), as Davis does, through
>Marx-colored glasses, I would not object to the mischaracterizations and
>near-sophistry (and resultant abuses) his work lends itself to. As it is,
>I'm rather disgusted with it all.
>
>George Thomas

George,

Not everyone here is a Marxist, but we all here see the world through Marx colored glasses. Hereabouts, that isn't an insult. In fact, the denial of it is an insult. We are not dogmatic about it, and we welcome libertarians, conservatives, and liberals who come to learn and teach; we have had several at various points on the list. But we are not going to defend our general left perspective against an all points attack that presumes, as the mainstream perspective in our society presumes, that we have the burden of proof on everything. We have to do that in the outside world all the time anyway. If you want to play on those terms, and can swallow your revulsion at our Through the Looking Glass assumptions, contributing what you can, you'll get along. Otherwise people will regard you as a troll.