Desai on globalization

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Tue Feb 20 12:57:26 PST 2001

With respect to Bhagwati, last time I checked he was fervently pro-free trade but was sympathetic to capital controls of various sorts. I see that in this letter what he is unhappy about vis a vis the WTO is the assertion by rich countries of strong patent rules and intellectual property protection. Is this combination of positions still a fair characterization of his overall position? If it is, I am quite sympathetic with it. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 11:32 AM Subject: Re: Desai on globalization