HST on NASCAR Death

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Wed Feb 21 06:01:13 PST 2001

but you have to admit, dennis, that opening line is quite a laugh. i never realized that jfk was a race car driver:

>The violent death of Dale Earnhardt hit >the sport of professional auto
racing
> harder than anything in memory since the assassination of John Kennedy.
-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 7:40 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: HST on NASCAR Death

Dr. Thompson doesn't have the snap he used to have, but I found this pretty decent -- certainly better than most sportswriters' accounts (though I'm considered a bastard of the form). A little cultural crit for today.

DP