kids v. economists

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Feb 21 11:05:49 PST 2001

kelley,

Before I blow this popsicle stand, let me send you in the direction of the Journal of Mathematical Sociology just to depress the hell out of you. Actually what is considered by many to be one of the most important papers in economic complexity theory first appeared there in its first volume. That is Thomas C. Schelling, "Dynamic Models of Segregation," Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 1971, vol. 1, pp. 143-186.

Basically it is how a little bit of prejudice, locally applied, can lead to a whole lot of segregation, globally experienced. The little bit of segregation is the shoe that got lost....

Standard econ math (and econometrics) is quite a bit more these days than just multiple regression, which will not get one published in a leading journal generally these days. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 1:40 PM Subject: Re: kids v. economists