kids v. economists

Aaron Pacitti aaron at rmrc.net
Wed Feb 21 13:08:36 PST 2001

> From: "Suresh Naidu" <antikafka at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: kids v. economists

> I'm a firm believer in tearing down the master's house
> with his own tools, so I like using mathematics in economics...If the
> bourgeois economists like it so much, lets pin them to the wall with it.

I have yet to take the course, but at American U., Robin Hahnel (a math guy, from what I hear) teaches a Political Economy course where topics are discussed using a standard neoclassical framework, but opposite conclusions are reached (i.e. beating them at their own game). That is why, I presume, it is also called Alternate Micro.

Aaron