marxism on wgn-fm

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Wed Feb 21 14:48:48 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pugliese" <debsian at pacbell.net>
> Haven't done more than pick this book up at Bound Together, an anarchist
> book store in S.F. (which stays afloat 'cuz of a rich benefactor) but,
does
> the volume by Voline, "The Unknown Revolution, " detail this. Nestor
Mahkno
> has fans here in S.F. Kevin ? the slash yuppie S.U.V's tires guy (I'm
> envious!) in the Mission district was using Mahkno's name as an alias for
> while. The numnuts at the S.F. Weekly had never heard of Mahkno. Another
> source on Russian (and other anarchists, he has a huge oral history of
> anarchists here out there) anarchists, of coarse, is Paul Avrich.
> Michael Pugliese

I've heard that Voline's book is about Anarchists in the revolution across Russia, not just Ukraine. I haven't read it myself, though. Peter Arishnov's "History of the Makhnovist Movement" is a well known acount of the Ukraine revolution.

Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchistfaq.org

"The State is a condition, a certain relationship between human beings, a mode of human behavior; we destroy it by contracting other relationships, by behaving differently" - Gustav Landauer