America Gets Candid About What Colombia Needs

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 25 00:30:08 PST 2001

Yoshie from the NYT>"This is very scary," said Max Manwaring, a professor of military strategy at the United States Army War College. "Because of our own internal political problems and fear of regenerating another Vietnam we've just concentrated on the drug thing and hoped the other problems would go away."

Was curious about Prof. Manwaring. Found this http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usassi/ssipubs/pubs99/newworld/newworld.pdf (Security and Civil-Military Relations in the New World Disorder: The Use of Armed Forces in the Americas ) via this http://www.intellnet.org/documents/index.html?type=author&value=Max%20G.%20M anwaring&begin=0 The pdf also has a paper by the new UN Ambassador, John Negroponte. Y'all remember him from the Reagan yrs. Michael Pugliese