kids v. economists

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sun Feb 25 09:56:22 PST 2001

>Rob Schaap wrote:
>
>>I blame Foucault meself
>
>Hey why not? He's 1) French, 2) a pervert, and 3) dead.

Okay, I'll admit I added that little jab with an eye to getting up your nose, Doug (and mebbe a bit of friendly fire at Catherine and Christian, too). But that 'microphysics/power-is-discourse-is-power' stuff doesn't quite paint the whole picture for me. Very little of that post-Althussarian stuff does.

Before I protest that some of my best friends are French perverts, does any of the 99% of those posts that had nothing to do with French corpses and an awful lot to do with living Americans and Australians (some of home, I don't doubt, properly opt for the missionary position with the light off) seem at all worthy of comment?

Cheers, Rob.