worlds collide

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 04:41:04 PST 2001

there's this thing I find with anarchists granted that I mostly know teenage anarchists that no one, absolutely no one, but them, is anarchic enough

rage against the machine may be neither my favourite band/style or constitute the most impressive political statements I can imagine but I am massively impressed by their capacity to say something [anything] in effective ways on topics that matter to me

mediocre seems excessively dismissive

and to see admiration of che as utterly counter to the desirable cause well somehow it seems to me to miss the point i can see the compromise but admiring che is so much better than admiring so many much more frequently admired people

and so on and so forth i'm sure you get my point

Catherine

[i know, yoshie, i can't read and i'm insufficiently logical, let's just take that as a given and move on shall we]

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Date: Monday, February 26, 2001 4:49 am Subject: Re: worlds collide