worlds collide

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 08:45:39 PST 2001

Well if we're going to talk about modern day popular "revolutionary" bands, who can leave out Dead Prez and The Coup..

Dead Prez is a bit paranoid at times in the song, but "Propaganda" and "Police State" are great songs. And The Coup's song "Kill My Landlord" is great with its attacks against the IMF.

Dead Prez and Coup are out and out Marxists. Look for them on Napster if you still can (or Gnutella)

>From a review of the "Coup" album

"Somewhat erratic but startlingly accomplished for a debut album, Kill My Landlord is by turns slyly humorous, explicitly and aggressively Marxist, and thoughtfully sociopolitical"

Kevin Robert Dean