worlds collide

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 19:09:07 PST 2001

No Yoshie -- why would I have had an intimate experience of *American* folk music? Isn't the whole idea of folk music closely attached to locality...? Honestly, residence in America just seems to corrode people's capacity to acknowledge other places exist. I have a very intimate hatred of *Australian* (Anglo-Irish influenced for the most part) folk music. Is that all right with you, or will only American references, terms and meanings be acceptable?

Catherine