Gore Won Florida by 29,756 votes

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 27 07:49:37 PST 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

>It is actually interesting that the national media is trumpeting the limited
>Miami Herald recount, which goes against Gore, but has been very quiet about
>the county-by-county recounts that have shown massive gains for Gore across
>the state.

Well, the bourgeois media doesn't want a legitimation crisis, does it? I do, but then I'm not part of the bourgeois media, my love for Madonna to the contrary.

But the big media consortium recount isn't done yet, is it? If it does end up showing that AG won Florida, how the hell are they going to report it without reviving the legit crisis they've been trying to snuff for the last copule of months. Will they just repeat Apple's law - that legitimation comes not from votes but from being accompanied by Hail to the Chief (which W doesn't like, right?)?

Doug