Rightward ho!

Wed Jan 3 13:44:51 PST 2001

>>> sawicky at epinet.org 01/03/01 01:52PM >
The Dems will look for opportunities to burn the Repugs, when the issue looks appropriate. Examples include the size of the tax cut, SS privatization, min wage, the Ashcroft & DoI appointments. They will be ready to compromise on other stuff, like the education bill (note that vouchers have already been deep-sixed by the Bushies).

CB: On the Bush tax cut, does it really matter ? The rich are already so rich and what is there to cut in social programs ? There isn't much federal money left for the working class , is there ? Welfare is abolished as we knew it. HUD is reinvented into oblivion. etc. What do we care about the federal government ( sorry ) ? Have the rightwing and the caps almost reached diminishing returns with respect to redistributing wealth upward by manipulating the federal government ?