Query for books about class

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Jan 4 06:04:28 PST 2001

Anybody ever read "The Uses of Literacy"?

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Gordon Fitch Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 10:23 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: Query for books about class

I spend a certain amount of time talking to non-leftists and I've gotten rather tired of telling them about class. I want to shift the drear burden to book and article writers who, unlike me, acquire name, status and fortune by doing it. Many of my interlocutors think that class doesn't exist, or that class war/struggle is a fiction. So, besides _The_Hidden_ _Injuries_of_Class_ I'm wondering if there's anything y'all would like to recommend, recalling that the targets may not be drawing much more water than Mises, Hayek & Co. at this time. Besides books, currently available web pages and magazine articles would be nice. And comic books -- yes, Class War Comic Books would be just the ticket.