latest Bushisms

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 4 06:58:44 PST 2001

[it's been a while - complete set at <http://slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp>]

The Complete Bushisms

Compiled by Jacob Weisberg

"She is a member of a labor union at one point." -- Announcing his nomination of Linda Chavez as secretary of labor. Austin, Texas, Jan. 2, 2000

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." -- Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000

"I also have picked a secretary for Housing and Human Development. Mel Martinez from the state of Florida." -- Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000

"Let me put it to you this way, I am not a revengeful person." -- Interview with Time magazine in the Dec. 25, 2000, issue.

"I am mindful of the difference between the executive branch and the legislative branch. I assured all four of these leaders that I know the difference, and that difference is they pass the laws and I execute them." -- Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2000

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote." -- Austin, Texas, Dec. 8, 2000

"Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work." -- 60 Minutes II, Dec. 5, 2000

[...]