Books about Class

annia annia at citylimits.org
Thu Jan 4 08:08:17 PST 2001

> there's
> also another humorous one written by someone from the south.

Jeff Foxworthy?

> oh and
> Dorothy ....dang can't think of her name... she wrote, Bastard out of
> Carolina. She has a good piece out there.... it's published as a sep.
> article, but also included as an essay in an anthology. if i wasn't so
> swamped i'd go look up the ref -- i know in a bib i have somewhere there
> are some other refs.

Dorothy Allison. The piece you're probably thinking of is called "I'm Working on my Charm," and it's anthologized here and there. But Gordon's friends should probably just read the entirety of "Trash," her book of essays, which includes it.

annia

-- Annia Ciezadlo Associate Editor

************* City Limits 120 Wall St 20th Flr. NY NY 10005 212-479-3319 212-344-6457 fax