Ashcroft & Race

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 5 09:29:33 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> So instead of throwing around labels
> with the intent to insult or disparage, could you provide some
> example texts, thinkers, or ideas to illustrate your indictment?

I agree with the whole of this post, but let me point out that this is _precisely_ the complaint I have been making for several years about Butler's NLR article -- and nothing else that I have read by or about Butler has persuaded me that this defect in the NLR article does not represent a fundamental character and/or intellectual flaw in her and her work.

Carrol