Fwd: eToys dies slow, lingering, satisfying corporate death

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 10:37:41 PST 2001

--- Chuck0 <chuck at tao.ca> wrote

> Here's a modest proposal: Given that whenever Alan
> Greenspan opens his
> mouth the stock market does something crazy, why
> don't they just take
> him, stuff him, and set up one of those
> European-style bell tower clocks
> at the NYSE. On the hour, the bell would toll and
> out would come little
> Alan, encased in Lucite. The loudspeaker system
> would play some of his
> greatest hits and the market would be inspired to go
> up again.

Wayyyy behind time ... I'm absolutely sure that at least one of the hopefuls for the Republican nomination made this very suggestion during their debates.

dd

===== “It is necessarily part of the business of a banker to maintain appearances and to profess a conventional respectability which is more than human. Life-long practices of this kind make them the most romantic and the least realistic of men” -- JM Keynes