silence

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Jan 5 12:54:31 PST 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Those of you trading stocks, here's the reading from my telphone
> indicator (i.e., when I get calls from mainstream reporters about a
> stock market slide, it's getting close to the bottom): no calls yet.

Now eventually that indicator will fail. LBO' s history has been in tempo with an economic trend that specialized as it were in steep slides and relatively quick recovery. Say a correction lasted a couple of years -- your indicator would perhaps eventually be right again, but it would be wrong quite a few times first.

:-)

Carrol