Ex Cathedra Announcements From Houston

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Jan 6 17:52:02 PST 2001

At 07:41 PM 1/6/01 -0500, LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:
>Kelley:
><< look pagwat, putting it as " Has Amy Goodman gone off the deep end? " is
>not asking a simple question but characterizing Amy Goodman as going off the
>deep end; it's making a judgment on her actions. deal with it, because that's
>how *you* phrased it. moreover, Pacifica's problems are not confined to NYC.
>so, putting it as if only someone from NYC can answer your question is a bit
>errr dim. >>
>
>Oh, geez, here we go again with this pissy stupidity.
>
>First, you have certainly mastered the fine art of quoting out of context.
>Since there was not one but three questions I asked Doug, and since the
>question regarding the either side in the dispute was posed in exactly the
>same way ["Is Utrice Leid the second coming of Benedict Arnold?"] as the
>question regarding Amy Goodman, that is, as paraphrases of the charges
>partisans of the two sides are flinging at each other, any reasonable and
>_honest_ reading of the questions would see that no side was being taken, and

joe replied decently to you, *until* he responded to the snide comment about amy goodman. inother words, he respected the locally rooted nature of your comments, to some degree.

you characterized him as a klewless texan who couldn't possibly speak to the pacifica situation, even tho that's what he spoke to. a better tack, might have been that you set him straight as to whether you should be categorized with those he categorized you with. i was objecting to the way you presumed joe, from texas, could not possibly speak to the larger issues re pacifica. he spoke to it and characterized you as uninformed. you are, on your own admission or, at least, thought you could learn more from doug. joe's not at all uninformed and i think you could learn as much from him, as from doug.

kelley