musical question

Tom Wheeler twbounds at pop.mail.rcn.net
Sat Jan 6 18:13:29 PST 2001

From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>In her splendid song "Music," Madonna sings something like "Music
>makes the bourgeoisie into rebels," or "Music mixes bourgeoisie with
>the rebels." Anyone know what the line is?
>
>Doug

Music written by Madonna and Mirwais Ahmadzai Programming, Keyboards: Mirwais Produced by Madonna and Mirwais Track 1, Time: 3:47 ------------------------- (Spoken:) Hey Mister D.J. Put a record on I wanna dance with my baby

Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like my Acid Rock

Hey Mister D.J. Put a record on I wanna dance with my baby And when the music starts I never wanna stop It's gonna drive me crazy

Music

Chorus:

Music makes the people come together [Never gonna stop] Music makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel [Never gonna stop]

Don't think of yesterday And I don't look at the clock I like to boogie-woogie, uh, uh It's like riding on the wind And it never goes away Touches everything I'm in Got to have it everyday

(chorus)

Hey Mister D.J.

[Never wanna stop]

Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like my Acid Rock

Hey Mister D.J. Put a record on I wanna dance with my baby And when the music starts I never wanna stop It's gonna drive me crazy Uh, uh, uh

(chorus)

Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like to boogie-woogie Do you like my Acid Rock (repeat and fade)

************************************************* Alternative Press Review - www.altpr.org Your Guide Beyond the Mainstream PO Box 4710 - Arlington, VA 22204

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop - www.infoshop.org Infoshop News Kiosk - www.infoshop.org/news.html