[X & DP]

DsR wingnut2000 at usa.net
Sun Jan 7 10:00:42 PST 2001

Doug wrote:
> Does anyone know how support of the death penalty became the
> "Christian" position, as defined by the Christian right? Didn't JC
> challenge him without sin to cast the first stone?

I'd like to hear the rationale on this one, too, though I've noticed that the tendency of hard right-winged Christians, some fundies, is to toss the "new covenant" of the New Testament for their interpretations of the Old Testament and it's eye-for-an-eye mentality. Looks like selective reasoning to me.

Deborah Rogers

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1