X & DP

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 7 12:50:32 PST 2001

In message <p04330102b67e5869becd@[166.84.250.86]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>Does anyone know how support of the death penalty became the
>"Christian" position, as defined by the Christian right? Didn't JC
>challenge him without sin to cast the first stone?
>
>Doug

an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...

Maybe it's the old testament that's pro-death penalty, but many primitive Xian communities are more old testament than new.

Lenin, too, tried to persuade his central committee not to ban the death penalty, and the failure of the Hungarian revolutionaries to execute the reactionaries was one they paid for with their lives.

Up against the wall with them, I say -- James Heartfield