music

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Sun Jan 7 20:57:50 PST 2001

People still get a thrill from (guitar-based) rock? Is it the lyrics, or the musical content, or the nostalgia for a sound? I've been feeling for some time that rock had reached some kind of expressive limit, and that it's carcass began stinking to high heaven after nothing exciting followed grunge and before Everything But the Girl switched to house music (just to pick two markers).

Uday