Mapplethorpe

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Sun Jan 7 22:12:23 PST 2001

For anyone well versed on censorship issues... do you have any references which recount the debates/squabbles/furor/reportage on funding and/or censoring Mapplethorpe?

In the city where I live today the police just seized a copy of _Pictures_ -- ah Adelaide... -- and I've been asked to comment. I thought material on this would have been collected and published somewhere by now, and if anyone can point me in the right direction I will be very grateful.

But I'm not promising any Madonna videos or anything.

Catherine