Fw: [marxist] Streetfighting Redux

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Jan 8 09:59:19 PST 2001

Broken glass has it's place in the pantheon of protest tactics. Dismissing it out of hand demonstrates the tunnel vision that has made the Left so ineffective over the past few decades. Where I'm sitting politically, that broken glass in Seattle had many benefits.

The anarchists that were mentioned in the NYT are the same anarchists that Chomsky writes about and the ones at Mondragon. Perhaps if this writer had done some more research he wouldn't be dishing out ignorant generalizations. The "Seattle anarchists", including the infamous contingent from Eugene, are engaged in quite a few practical projects when they aren't giving the state a hard time. The Eugene anarchists have set up housing co-ops, several cooperative businesses, and have reclaimed a few streets. They certainly aren't a bunch of one note hooligans.

Chuck0